Many of our business clients come to us for help starting a new business. In that situation, we will start by getting an understanding of your business plans and expectations as well as your personal situation. At that point, we will be able to help you select the best entity for your new business and will help you get that entity formed and registered with the state. In addition, we will help you set up all of the corporate documents such as articles of incorporation, bylaws, or articles of organization, depending on what type of entity you choose.
There are several different business entities to choose including:
- Corporation (which can be either a C-Corp or an S-Corp)
- Partnership (General or Limited)
- Limited Liability Company or LLC
Deciding on the right entity for your business is extremely important. There are many factors that should be considered in choosing an entity, including issues such as:
- How the business will be taxed
- Legal ramifications such as potential liability issues
- Who will control day-to-day operations
- How will big decisions be made and agreed upon
- How many people will own the business
- Will there be shareholders
- Where will funding come from
- Potential business succession issues
At the Cole Law Office we take the time to listen to your vision and dreams for the future of your business and work with you to create the right type of entity and contracts for use with clients, patients, or customers to meet your needs.
To learn more about which entity is right for your business and to speak with an experienced business lawyer, please call us today at 800-909-LAWS (5297).